Remember the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge? It wasn’t just another slacktivism campaign.
More than $115 million were raised for research into Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis. The funds helped researchers discover an unknown gene linked to the disease.
How did the ALS Association distribute the funds?
- $77 million (67%) went to research.
- $23 million (20%) went to patient and community services.
- $10 million (9%) went to public and professional education.
- $3 million (almost 3%) went to fundraising.
- $2 million (almost 2%) went to payment processing fees.